Scorpion Recruit currently on the look out for a Operational Risk and Internal Control Officer to join a fast-growing banking business based at one of their offices in Northwich. The business is well established and growing internationally and locally.
Our client is the first Bank in London to be awarded Platinum status by Investors in People (IIP) in 2020 demonstrating our commitment to high performance through good people management and strong company culture.
This means there is a focus on clearly defined set of core values and the Bank encourages a sense of individual ownership and talent development whilst fostering team spirit and career progression.
An Operational Risk and Internal Control Officer to work within the Operational Risk and Internal Control team in Northwich and this role will report to the Head of Operational Risk and Internal Control.
The successful Operational Risk and Internal Control Officer will deliver excellence as part of a multi-functional team whilst maintaining exceptional levels of quality and professionalism.
The role requires in depth knowledge of the specialist area. Your duties will include:
- Proactive management of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework
- Conduct investigations following a risk or disruption event and manage remedial actions through to completion
- Perform independent reconciliation of the Bank’s accounts and identify any issues for investigation
- Assist with producing management reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit;
- To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice and guidance on appropriate risk management framework, policies and procedures, which will facilitate the business in identifying, assessing and managing risk within the business, meeting the standards set and regulatory requirements;
- Assist in managing all Operational Risk and Internal Control principles, ensuring policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are pro actively communicated;
- Through regular and thematic monitoring and appropriate business involvement ensure all procedures and controls are carried out to the required level of competence as set out in the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Continuously improve the quality, timeliness, organisation and accuracy of all workflows including; Incident reporting, Committee documentation and all internal reporting.
- Perform an ongoing programme on control monitoring and testing across all areas of the Bank.
- Investigating control failures whilst promoting the robust compliance & risk awareness culture of the Bank.
- Manage internal audit observations while providing metric and reports to management.
- Undertake analysis and prepare management reporting on key control remediation activities.
- Someone who goes above normal duties to encourage a team spirit and productivity.
- A keen eye for detail and accurate and timely data inputting/authorisation and always meet their target
- Someone with knowledge of Banking operations would be desirable.
- Fostered reliability and an environment of team work.
- The ability to work under your own initiative and to strict deadlines across a variety of different business areas while delivering excellence as part of multi-functional team.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all other areas of the Bank.
- Problem solving and excellent analytical skills are essential and you will be resilient and flexible individual who remains calm under pressure.
- Always guide people to work together and has showed willingness to consistently set and meet high standard.
- Develop professional relationship both internally and externally.
- Team Working: Collaboration with own team and other employees.
- Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results.
- Personal Effectiveness: Organising self/teams to meet agreed deadlines.
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to obtain agreement and cooperation through consensus.
- Information Gathering: Collects detailed information from a wide range of sources, using relevant means.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Good communication Skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent organisation skills with good attention to detail.
• Methodical and accurate
Working hours Will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and this is a hybrid working role.
Please submit your CV and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch.