Scorpion Recruit are working along side an umbrella company based in Chester, due to current growth of our client we are looking for a Payment Coordinator to join the business.
This will be an office based role and will be required to work Monday – Friday 08:30am till 17:30pm.
- Process subcontractor and employee timesheets and manage the invoicing of all clients according to pre agreed arrangements and in line with signed agency agreements.
- Process subcontractor and employee payments in an accurate and timely manner taking in to account agreed payment days and payment methods.
- Support the Finance Officer with reconciliation procedures to ensure accurate and appropriate records are maintained for all of our clients to actively contribute to any audit in the pursuit of timely payment and recouping outstanding payments.
- Ensure the business units are kept up to date with any relevant information or issues pertaining to either agency invoices and payments or subcontractor and employee payments.
- When called upon, discuss any payroll, administration, or tax issues that clients may have, including but not limited to: Dealing with non-payments, Addressing tax queries, Correcting wrong payments.
- Work closely with the Operations Team to provide current information on all clients (recruitment businesses, subcontractors and employees) within your area of responsibility when Account Managers are making client visits.
- Provide Agencies with up to date, accurate and relevant information as and when required.
- Responsible for individual clients as assigned by Payments Manager.
- Providing a timely response to all legislative enquires from HMRC, DWP etc
- Processing of SSP requests and payments in line with company sickness policy for Umbrella Employees.
- Submitting of FPS to comply with RTI regulations.
- Following the current debt recovery procedures, liaise with the Finance Officer, and any other relevant parties to ensure the recovery of outstanding debt within reasonable timescales.
- Experience of working in a team in a customer service environment.
- Payroll expertise.
- The ability to understand legislation that relates to our business.
- Competent financial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, especially listening, that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and to liaise effectively with clients.
- Confident and polite manner, displaying patience, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult customers or situations.
- Ability to apply professional integrity/confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- Team player with an ability to work well under pressure.
- IT literate (Microsoft and internal database systems).
- Good organisational and planning skills, with the ability to use initiative to develop better working practices.
- Open minded approach.
- A commitment to develop your skills on an ongoing basis.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- On site parking
- Health care package
- Employee benefits scheme
Please apply with a CV or give us a call on 01942 939690